View Single Post
Old 13-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #64
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

kabukiman, I feel your pain. There have been several people on here with issues with the new auto box - its amazing that Ford released it with so many faults. And yes, like me, you've learnt that when Ford say the car is operating 'within specifications' it means there's a major fault and they have no way to deal with it.

Like myself, it sounds like that you won't be buying another Ford anytime soon, if ever again, thanks to their terrible customer service. It would be good to see Ford actually stand behind their product instead of constantly deflecting problems and never fixing it.

If you have all the documentation, I suggest you start making a case with the Fair Trading Department in your state - once these people become involved it seems to hasten Ford's actions towards resolving a problem.

With whats happened to your 'new' car you should be offered, at the very least, a refund or exchange on your vehicle, as it has never worked as it should from factory.

And, like you said, the Fiesta is a great car - and like I've said 90-95% of Fezs will never have a problem - which is why the way in which these problems are handled is so disappointing. All car companies have faults - but the way in which Ford handles customers who are having problems with their cars is easily the worst in the industry. This is being reflected in their sales. As the Falcon dies, there is nothing else to prop the company up in Australia - the Mondeo is excellent but way too expensive against its opposition (and isn't selling as a result), the Focus is ok but falls short against the Golf (according to most road tests globally), the 3 (on price and the 'sheep' factor i.e. everyone's buying it so it 'must' be good) and looks dead set boring against the Veloster and the Fez is down on sales from last year and is being smashed by the older (and inferior) 2 which is outselling it 2 to 1.

Add to this the used car review in today's Carsguide section of the Daily Telegraph where the Ford Territory got 2.5 out of 5 (the lowest score ever seen in the used car section) and potential buyers were warned to approach a used Territory with caution due to the severe ball joint and rust issues....

And Ford wonders why its sales are down.

Regarding the a/c in the WS - yes it is terrible, but what is incredible is that the a/c in an ex's mid 90s Festiva was excellent. How, in a model 15 years newer, is the a/c so much worse?

Oh well, time to look at the Hyundai/Kia group for build quality, customer service and reliability... Who would have thought that would be the case 15 years ago?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote