View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Durotec 2.0 Engine

Hi,
I checked on redbook.com.au
Both the year 2009 (auto) and 2007 (manual) seems to be 2.0 engines with identical 107kW and 185Nm, so it looks like you are all good with the 2009 engine into your vehicle.
Generally, some manuals have a support bearing in the crankshaft for the input shaft of the trans. If your replacement engine was an auto it will for sure not have this bearing fitted. (Some manual FWD trans may not have it. I'm not sure about Focus).
If it has a support bearing order a new one, as it is difficult to extract and re-use.

Worst case of 'difficult engineering' I have seen was a 4-cyl VW petrol Turbo (15 years ago). Their engines built for Auto didn't even have the hole for the bearing machined in the crankshaft, so we had to transfer the crankshaft across when trying to fit an auto engine in a manual vehicle. I have never heard of the same 'trick' by other manufacturers.

Obviously you need to transfer the flywheel across from yours, and fit a new clutch.
Since the engine is already 10 years old I would fit a new main seal behind the flywheel, and some engines can't re-use the flywheel bolts, so you may want to order them as well.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote