View Single Post
Old 16-05-2018, 09:03 PM   #19
wackyv8
wackyv8

Default Re: What's the point of mandatory sentencing...

manditory except for "special reasons" .

Judge Cotterell said she did not think Warren or Underwood were "suitable vehicles" for general deterrence and said the difficult childhoods they had constituted "special reasons".

Details about the women's past cannot be published for legal reasons, but judge Cotterell found Warren suffered from a mental illness and had impaired mental function.

She also said Underwood, who was 18 at the time of the assault, had a lowered psychosocial immaturity linked to her traumatic childhood.

The pair were drunk when they assaulted Mr Judd in Reservoir in 2016, who was attending a drug-affected patient.

Two years on, the 63-year-old continues to live with pain.

Mr Judd wiped away tears as another paramedic comforted him in court, while colleague Chenaye Bentley, who witnessed the attack, sat next to him.

The victim was repeatedly punched and left with a broken foot while he and a colleague tried to treat an unconscious man at Reservoir on March 31, 2016.

The paramedic of more than 40 years needed three operations and has been unable to return to work.

Judge Cotterell apologised to Mr Judd after re-sentencing Warren to a three-year community corrections order, while Underwood was given a two-year order.

"I'm really sorry and can see that you are badly affected," she told him.

"I just want to say I wish there was more I could do for you.

"I can tell that you are suffering and feel that a great injustice has been done."

so now you can get ****ed,seriously assault an ambo who is treating someone, and the sentence is a corrections order ,i wonder what that entails but it does not indeed sound like justice.
thank you for your 40 years of service Mr.Judd.
wackyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: