View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #5
Mondoman
Starter Motor

Default Re: Citroen C5 X7 comparison

Yes, the Titanium seems to sit at least 25 mm lower than rest of models. I suggest that this must improve road holding, albeit at the expense of undulation absorption - just depends what you want.

The Citroen has 2 levels of suspension setting. It is somewhat difficult to sense the difference at low speed, however the "sport" setting is obvious when you give the car some welly in the twisty bits.

It is quite amazing how a different transmission and computerised accelerator system can change the response and general driving experience for an identical engine and I suggest mapping (120 kw and 340 nm). Steering assistance is pretty similar to the Citroen.

I must say that the Zetec ticks most of the boxes for me save and except the upholstery material. Having said that after 10 years of use I reckon the Zetec fabric would be in the better shape.

Getting back to the suspension restoration, was there any degradation of the old springs either loaded (by kids etc) or unloaded compared to the new springs?

Sounds like ope126 has decided "when you are on to a god thing, why not stick to it". I can't see myself going down the SUV route any time soon. I enjoy my driving too much for that!
Mondoman is offline   Reply With Quote