View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Citroen C5 X7 comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondoman View Post
For example the thread on the suspension renovation by Cobrin is just fantastic, me being an amateur car restorer.
Ah you're too kind, you're right though the users make it brilliant and there's something about the Mondeo Thread in that 'we' users are respectful and genuinely helpful without the bravado phallus measuring knuckle dragging protecting ya sisters honour kinda affair.

Yeah closing the doors is quite the Agricultural experience, I've thought many times in applying sound deadening but I'm unsure about it. The MD sounds better but still is far away from even a Honda Euro Lux of 2004 doors which is a shame.

My Zetec with standard suspension spring heights were F:385mm, R:365mm the sports suspension varied from 30mm-40mm lower from what I came across.

I agree that the MD Adaptive Suspension is the ducks nuts, absolutely brilliant to change on the fly to suit your wants at the time: Normal/Comfort/Sport.

And you notice the change...impressive

edit: One thing I did note with the MD is the rear suspension, if you roll over a medium to sharp speed bump or any medium drop off (thinking concrete lip) the front drops as expected and is all good, but the rear it drops off sharp and is harsh. Haven't tried different settings to see if that's the difference with it but will have to one day.

Last edited by cobrin; 08-10-2016 at 09:30 PM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote