View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Mondoman
Starter Motor

Default Citroen C5 X7 comparison

My son has just purchased a 2011 Titanium TDCI wagon. I drive a 2011 Citroen wagon with same motor with a Aisin 6 speed auto. I rate the Mondeo a better vehicle in almost every aspect save suspension (which is why I buy Citroens). We have just done some extended driving together through Victoria and some "rally" driving on the dirt roads around Clare, SA. If I was in the market for another vehicle, a Mondeo would be it (and I drive a lot of very good vehicles).

The Powershift is seamless, the engine and transmission combination is far superior (a sports car versus heavy wagon feel). The amplifier and speakers are grades better, safety features are greater. Seating is on a par. On the negative side the door closing sound on the Ford is a little tinnier than the Citroen (personal fad). No wonder this vehicle has been the class leader over so many models (years).

Can someone tell me if the ride height on the Zetec model is any higher than the Titanium model.

I find this forum is very much better than that of Aussiefrogs as there are so many more contributors being a lot more owners. For example the thread on the suspension renovation by Cobrin is just fantastic, me being an amateur car restorer.
Mondoman is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: