View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
Ms_Jam

Default LZ Focus — Oils

My LZ Focus (Trend, manual) is coming up for its 3,000 km "peace of mind" inspection.

When my Fiesta came up for this, I recall the dealer was offering to change the oil with no charge for labour, but only for the oil. In fact, if memory serves, he was recommending the oil change.

Not this time. I have read the documentation carefully, and there is no mention of any suggested oil change at the "peace of mind" inspection. However, I want an oil change, to be on the safe side.

I have two questions:

1. Approx how much should a Ford dealer charge for just an oil change at the time of the peace of mind inspection — (a) how much for labour and (b) how much for oil? Ballpark numbers are fine.

2. If I want to bring my own oil, what brand, type meet the Ford specification? (At this point I only want a mineral oil, changing to a fully synthetic at the annual service.)

Someone has told me that meeting the Ford spec exactly is more important these days than it used to be - it was claimed that non-compliant oils could be held to void the warranty in some circumstances.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote