View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Vfacts November 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Agree.
Same applies to their car range.

I cant buy a 17 k Fiesta its deleted.

I cant buy a 20/22k on road price Focus its been moved up market and starts at 27k incl on roads.

I need to buy at a 17k /22k price range. If Ford don't offer at that price point they lose me as a customer and I,ve been rusted on for 14 years.

So by being cute and moving up market in price and range … well the next recession could be fatal for Ford. and that would be very sad as they make bloody good vehicles ...safe performing drivers cars.

But in a recession or say in an era of collapsing house prices where people are looking for value propositions (aka lower prices) Ford are going to hurt.
But in saying that the market for car sales has nose dived in the past few months,
I don't think we're heading for recession, just a flattening out of what already is n place.

So to me it's all about Ford growing a set and just taking a chance on some new vehicles,
they've been so risk averse that it turning them into couch potatoes with any segment that
requires a little work and some "push" advertising...that's why Mazda for one has leaped in front.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: