View Single Post
Old 20-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #49
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: A reminder to check your dockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
There was a story in the media recently about some % of retail staff being abused.
I reckon a lot of it is brought on themselves.
As a customer service manager in a major supermarket I would agree that some kids bring it on themselves. Teenagers (not all of them) just don't seem to care about giving decent service. However, many customers are completely unreasonable too.

In your case of the item showing in stock on the website - I'd always call up first and have someone confirm that the stock is there. At this time of year the amount of theft is unbelievable and what may have been showing in stock on the system is no longer in the store (I doubt that would have accounted for 11 missing though).

On another note:
I always remind customers to check their dockets before they leave and if a mistake is made it will be sorted out right away. Remember at this time of the year that staff are under the pump. In a busy shift, some staff may serve over 100 customers and process 7-10,000 items. Mistakes are going to happen, whether they are operator error or system error. Be polite, patient and reasonable and the issue will get sorted.

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: