Thread: Tax the rich?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #9
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Re: Tax the rich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
The more you earn, the more they screw you. Doesn't pay to work hard anymore and do overtime or get more qualifications to earn better pay. You just beocme the whipping post for governments.

What planet do you live on?

Is it not right and proper that those of us who do well pay our share to help out those less fortunate?

It really pees me off to see how mean spirited this country is becoming. And the more easy people are doing it the more mean spirited they get it seems.

I had a friend recently, a good hard working woman in the country, she got sick through no fault of her own, she was flown from Broken Hill to Adelaide for treatment etc. without no real out of pocket costs.

I put up a friend of mine who has come down with crippling arthritis due to some weird infection that all manner of drugs has failed to treat, he lived in a caravan with his dogs at the top of my hill largely shooting rabbit and deer to feed him and his two dogs. He had no welfare at all, I basically forced him after two years of getting no benefits to get advice on how to wind up his business so he can get access to disability etc. He now finally is on disability and getting some support.

Things like this make me proud to be in Australia.

When I get my tax bill (which is normally a fairly hefty five figures) I don't carry on like a poor downtrodden demented ranter oh woe is me my life is so hard and I have to pay so much just to support everyone else else etc. etc. dribble, cough. I see it as fair and proper. Wake up and smell the roses you one dimensional whingers.

Last edited by mcnews; 04-05-2014 at 12:20 PM.
22 users like this post: