View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #107
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB# View Post
After checking it out on PB, this doesn't seem to be the case for my photos... Perhaps accounts differ from one to the other in some fashion?

In my case:

- All jpeg files that I have uploaded to PB have retained the original xxx.jpg file name
- When I downloaded copies of the lot just recently, they also retained the original names.
- The jpeg file name appears to be the same in each direct link as well, apart from jpeg file names that include a space.
In these cases, the space is replaced with the characters '%20',
Eg. ... i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/sneak880/General%20Stuff/white%20AU.jpg
Note that the space in the album name is also replaced with the '%20' characters.

In the case of a prospective upload to the AFF server, a batch editing procedure for image links may need to decypher
whatever appears after the final slash in the direct link line. If the file names don't quite match exactly due to some added junk
characters from PB? This may not be possible? Or, in my case, the AFF image link line could simply use the same '%20' character
for a 'space' without editing the final element in the link?
I have just worked out why some members like yourself have their photo filenames retained exactly as uploaded to Photobucket, while others like myself have had the photo names changed once uploaded and linked to this forum....

In the "settings" menu (accessed on your album page from the little cog wheel on the right hand side)....

Scroll down to "Album Privacy settings"...

Under this submenu ...

File Name Scrambling
To protect your privacy, we recommend that you select the options to scramble both future and past upload file names. However, if you intend for your photos to be public or used for business purposes, we recognize that you may not want to scramble.

I had this set to "scramble" like many members ... Thus the change in filenames.

What this means, is that I now have to download all my photos from the Photobucket albums to my PC.... Even though I already have copies of all the photos !... Otherwise, it is impossible to know all the "scrambled" names.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: