Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 10:57 PM   #3403
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Well I just had my first big stack on the new bicycle. Left shoulder so sore can barely move my arm. Will go to see doctor tomorrow if still the same.

Question to all you riders who do thousands and thousands of kilometers, are crashes something we need to put up with as they come with the terrain? I see professionals on TV crash so it is not just us novices.
Like Prydey , I have my share of accidents commuting to and from work. All the various scenarios. Most that commute on the road will have a story. Unless you are lucky to commute at low speeds or on bike trails (don't get me started about walkers, dogs and other riders on bike trails , as they can be as dangerous as cars and pedestrians on the road) then you're going to come off. I recommend if you're commuting on bike trails , ride as though everyone is wearing a blind fold and can't see you as it's better to be a few minutes long during the commute than sitting in the back of an ambulance. Bunch riding , limit your time riding with inexperienced riders or riders who are unable to sit in or hold a wheel . On the mountain bike , know where you're riding , ride within your ability either on your own (especially on your own) or within a group.
There are many more lessons , but as a start , following those and you should stay upright for a little longer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: