View Single Post
Old 18-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Don't get me wrong here, that's an excellent "how to" and well done Woosha for making the effort and if I had to unfreeze the adjusters or change the pads I'd be right back here to follow your instructions but that's a long and tedious job which would give me the chits and not one I'd want to tackle unless absolutely necessary. When I did the 'lanes' handbrake yesterday all I did once the wheels were off ( one at a time of coarse) was pop out the rubber gromet opposite the big phillips head screw and rotated the the hole to the rear just below horizontal then just attacked the adjuster from there with a flat screwdriver. Once you've located the adjuster it's relatively easy to wind the adjusters out. I used a torch to initially spot the toothed adjuster then just did it by feel. Handbrake is perfect now and it took me all of about half and hour from when I stepped out the front door to when I went back in the house.

Bushbasher
This is also the method I have used with some success in the past - on those rare unsuccessful occasions, I have done it the "full" way as per wooshas writeup.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: