View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #307
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Home Theatre systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Thought I'd come back in and update what I've ended up going with.

….
Wasn't convinced by that, so ended up making contact with the acquaintance who works at Yamaha. He knows his product very well, and actually talked me into going with a dual channel receiver instead. Matched that with a great set of speakers and a powered amp.

Can't give away too many details, but the price of the system still remained within my original budget.

Here's what he suggested:

R-N803 receiver

NS-F700 main speakers

NS-SW700 powered sub

Pay for it tomoz and should be delivered by the end of the week. Can't wait to get this all connected and pumping! Not so sure the neighbours will love it as much as I hope to

Appreciate everyone's input. At the end of the day, I just couldn't pass this system up at the price offered.
Congratulations - less is more sometimes in terms of simple great quality amp powering 2 towers, and a good subwoofer. Looks like a great system- please let us know what it sounds like.

And please, do not stick the towers or subwoofer close to a wall or worse in a corner . where it will create huge bass phasing issues.

Can you please report back on your sound- and also remember, it may sound a little flat at first as good speakers need to be broken in- ie playing at volume for some 24-48 hours etc...then they start singing and give you that nice depth and dimensionality.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote