View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #304
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Home Theatre systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
G'day audiophiles. I'm after some advice which is slightly OT from the OP.

I'm looking at buying a stereo. Not interested in a home theatre system as I don't watch much tv or movies (couldn't even tell you the last time I went out to the movies!).

So, I'm looking at spending between $1-2k fro a decent stereo. Must have bluetooth so I can stream form my phone.

I'm not particularly fussed with sound reproduction clarity (I'm playing MP3s anyway) but want something that is loud and has decent kick in the bass.

Any suggestions for a good system? I have an acquaintance who is high up in Yamaha; are their component systems any good? Will I be able to get something decent in my price range?

Happy to go with the second hand market too if you think there is value in that space.

Appreciate any advice/thoughts.

Cheers.

Craig
If you're looking for convenience for use with your phone but good bass I'd highly suggest a Sonos Soundbar and Sono Sub. That'll set you back under $2k but connects to your Wifi and you use your phone as the controller. I have a Sonos Soundbar and Sub in my bedroom and it's excellent and extremely convenient.
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote