View Single Post
Old 16-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #53
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Hi Daz,
Have'nt popped in here much lately. Since you last saw the car I dropped the rear subframe out (still on stands) and bought a pair of KMP 1000 hp driveshafts. I had the Tru Trac diff centre fitted to find out that Harrop had sent me up the wrong unit (meant for a ute). As recompense, Harrop sent up a plastic box with a pre-formed centre to accurately locate the diff housing and paid for the diff to go to them for a free refit of the correct Tru Trac unit. I machined up the ABS rotors to fit the new driveshafts. It was then when measuring the genuine halfshaft inner tri-axe housing splined shafts that I noticed the circlip groove position was 6mm different between left and right sides. On the KPM shafts the inner tri-axe housings were identical in all respects, including circlip groove position, with obvious results. I bought this to KPM's attention and hope they have had the problem corrected which I am sure they have. Harrop kindly regrooved the incorrect circlip groove free of charge as further recompense. Top company. I also bought the TEIN suspension kit with electrically adjustable shock absorbers as well as front and rear Whiteline stabilizer bars. I have fitted the adjustable TEIN springs to the rear end while the subrame was out and the stabilizer bars front and rear. I left the shocks till later when I fit the TEIN front suspension. It was then that I decided that I had enough working on the floor and that I would wait till l closed half the business which would allow room for a two post hoist. It was then that my left knee cap gave up the ghost and my feet started to give me problems bigtime. Things have been put on hold for a while. The Henry goes out for a run from time to time. The Kenne Bell blower is quiet but geeze the rear tyres seem to spend a lot of their time wheelspinning ...lol. It has still only done a little over 5000km.
I haven't even spoken to Chris since he was up here and that is over two years ago. God time flies.
Ian.
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote