View Single Post
Old 21-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #34
Jason50
Boosted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
Thanks. I tried Ryno and they would only insure me with a supercharger if it was "state legal". As we all know they are not legal in any state if they weren't fitted to the car as original equipment as is the case with most mods. You would have to get an engineers certificate on your supercharger install stating that it met all emmission ADR's and that the driveline and brakes, etc could handle the extra power. God knows what that might cost. Shannons insured the GT-P as a "highly modified" vehicle with supercharger, etc, for $1435 incl.GST with an agreed value of $53000 and maximum no claim. I must admit I forgot to ask what the excess was, but under the circumstances is probably academic. That is also only taking the car out 2-3 times per week. RACQ on the other hand was insuring the car for $1201 at market value which they said was currently $43000 and maximum no claim and NO supercharger allowed, but naturally could take it out as often as you liked. I still think total ADR compliance would be the way to go, but in the meantime I am insured. Just have to make sure I am not pulled over by the police or Transport Department. Jeezuz life is difficult for the enthusiast. Not like the good old days.
Ian.
Are you sure your vehicle is really insured ?

I got a quote from Shannons for my car which has the KB kit like yours, but when I told them it is not engineered yet and I wanted that stated on the policy they backed out on me.

They are happy to take your money, but don't ask many questions of their own, like "do you have an engineers report". Beware...