View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #1331
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Social media and iPhones etc are the biggest threat to mankind in my lifetime, but are the parents to blame there, if I had a young teen daughter she would not have a phone with internet connected, that's it, no arguments or begging or pleading, maybe an Android to keep safe contact with family!

That sounds harsh to the average parent but the average mother lives on gossip via an iPhone connection, I mean they are handy to have if used properly.
I loved landlines, they were used for mainly communicating with distant family members, visits from relos were exciting, now they are humdrum, and computer games are abominable, but only to folk who play them on occasion, to relax, to have fun, not to watch a screen all bloody day!

Too much peer pressure on kids nowadays, everyone wants what others have, similar to the old "keeping up with the Joneses" were the Mother stuck at home wants what next doors got!
Poor dad has to get another job or two to keep up, its a vicious circle really, and if a kid at school has a new toy then other kids want it, then more pressure on mum who in turn pressures dad to get a 3rd job!

I read somewhere that Americans who work for these social media companies ban their children from using it, because they know how much information is collected from kids?

The world is falling to pieces, I'm glad I won't be here much longer, it can only get worse, it will not fix itself!

Cheers Billy.
History has a habit of repeating itself, I don't blame technology one bit for the problems we have, it is just natural to give your children more than what we never had.
I think self entitlement is the undoing of humanity.
Just my view.
Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: