View Single Post
Old 21-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Murder- Suicide on our roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl View Post
What some of you have to have to understand (and this is by no means any excuse at all) is that if someone is in such a state of mind that they deem suicide as an option to end things, they don't really care about themselves let alone anyone else on the planet.

Being suicidal basically means you are suffering from a severe mental illness which also means you have probably lost any form of thinking about things in any logical manner etc. The fact that the bloke suffered from a mental illness is probably why he was drunk or on meth so it's not like this was the only reason for his actions. Yes it is the easy way out and no one should ever have to contemplate this.

It's easy to step back and say the bloke should of/could have done things differently but for him I doubt anything mattered at the time and I don't think he should be crucified for trying to "end things" like he did for the above reasons.

Once again by no means are his actions excusable in any way and it is very unfortunate that other innocent people had to suffer from his actions.
Lots of people with mental issues kill themselves considerately.
This guy was out to injure others as well. So it doesn't matter whether he had a mental illness all not. He is not right in the head and deserve punishment, even if it's just to protect the community.

Some witnesses said he was laughing and jumping around in his car like he was excited with what he was doing. If you have a mental illness that makes you act like that, you should not be free to run loose in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post

What I don't understand in this convo though is, when has anyone said that this guy shouldn't be held accountable to his actions? Nothing is said in the 2 initial links, and no one has said that he should be allowed to get off scott free. So this notion that the do gooders will somehow keep him from the consequences is just stupid and ignorant.
People might be just a bit worried based of previous cases of people getting off lightly because they had 'mental issues' at the time of the crime but are usually the nicest person around.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote