View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #561
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Hopefully it isn't dictated too much by the weather.
Unfortunately being very much dictated by the weather. Arrived last Sunday arvo. Bom site was saying about 16mm of rain had fallen. We had the threat of rain for the whole drive but nothing actually falling out of the sky....until we got to halls gap, and then it started raining. Thankfully it was very light and by the time we got through check in, it was fine mist and didn't really affect set up. Also the site we had booked was a bit water logged so they had moved us to the next site over and gave us the use of two sites. They'd actually stopped taking bookings for the lower section where we are and only people that had a prior booking could camp here. Fast forward to today and we are the only van in the bottom section. Pretty good apart from the weather.

Mon was ok and we went to the zoo. Tues was also not too bad with a few showers. Wed was a write off with about 12mm of rain and gale force winds. Scary stuff in a van like ours but the guy ropes on the awning did their job. Today was just annoying drizzle on and off until mid arvo. Just enough to stop you doing too much. We leave Sun morning and the weather doesn't look like improving. There is a chance of snow above 700m forecast tomorrow and Sat so that would be a bonus. We went up mt William and that's some impressive views.

Anyone looking to come to halls gap, I would highly recommend this park though. The bathrooms are better than many apartments I've stayed in. Fully renovated recently. Heated. Music playing. There is some pics on their website. I'll put some pics up when I get home.

So glad we came back here. Spectacular scenery everywhere you look. Good chance we'll rebook for next year.