View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #55
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Vfacts November 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Focus Active has been confirmed.

I can't see Focus selling in big numbers. Ford did not push the LZ and I can't see them doing much more with the new model. Their wholesale buy price is too high which makes it hard to compete in the $20k segment.
It's a shame because the Focus Active looks like the kind of vehicle that could
change how people see Ford and help to lift some of the stigma that surrounds the
older focus and that bloody Powershift fiasco

Quote:
I am very surprised they don't push Ranger single cabs harder when you look at the bigger picture. They are probably missing out on 500 sales a month there, which affects 4x4 as well with small / medium fleets sticking to one brand. They would have to go back to a petrol motor to make it viable.
Not sure teh 2.5 petrol Ranger is still made in Thailand or South America, maybe Brazil?
A 2.0 Ecoboost base engine and 6AT in Ranger (Falcon mule project) would have been cool.

Quote:
Hilux sells well off its history. Its not the better car. I've driven both multiple times and the Ranger is far more comfortable and better equipped.
I wasn't hacking on Hilux in last night's posts, simply pointing out that Toyota
can easily go under Ranger's price by $7,000 or $8,000 when the mood suits them
beyond that, I really don't have anything bad to say about Hilux.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: