View Single Post
Old 17-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: GM Patents Twin-Charged, Variable Dynamic Compression, Hybrid Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
...when will they just remove camshafts all together and utilize the computer to control the valves?...
You are right, this technology has been around for I while. Some folks were working on this in the 70s and from what I recall, their concept was based on some pre-existing concepts, so it goes back before the time in the 70s I became aware of it.

Fig 7 in the 1st post shows the rendering of this approach using an electro/hydro approach.

This is the one that I specifically wondered why this system can only hang the valves at full open for no more than 80*. I can only consider a duty cycle limitation on the solenoid envisioned as the electro component of the valve actuator

Also, this is one of the aspects of this system that leads me to believe the entire system an not be panted. There are things described in the paper that have been used for tears already. I have to believe only aspects of this proposed system were granted a patent.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: