View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #36
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: New rotors and pads for BF Super Pursuit ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G
ok so Ive got a BF V8 non XR ute.. I need to replace the rotors.. I can pay $60 for brand new stock ones.. and they work.. if I wanted slotted etc.. are they purely just for **** factor when it comes to everyday use? IE: unless I participate in track days is there really any point in upgrading ?
I do understand that with more power you need better braking power.. but again this would be in racing situations.. right? because the ute slows down perfectly fine from 175kph (thats where it cuts out) but I dont see myself racing everywhere I go.. opinions./advise would be appreciated.. insults will be returned.
Yes the slotted rotors with a better quality pad will be an improvement over std but if your std brakes are more than adequate for your driving conditions then there is no reason to change as long as you don't go backwards in your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Matt, can the factory front Brembo rotors be skimmed?
Apart from them potentially being warped/hotspotted, I've noticed a slight ridge has developed on the outer edges of the contact surface.
I want to keep them as spares. Is skimming expensive and do you know/recommend anyone in Perth?
Cheers.
Yes they can as mentioned just make sure they do not machine them to slow and use newer tips.Sorry i do not know anyone in Perth to do them .

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote