View Single Post
Old 23-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #288
Cralis

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

2017 Sept build Mondeo wagon diesel Trend. From the first week, misty damn smell when ever the air con starts or the fan blows when the car starts. Horrible smell. Been to ford 3 times. No fault found. Told it’s all good. 10 months later same problem. Never stopped but ford believe it’s a-ok.

Front feels lose on bumps. Ford found no problem. Noticed a week before it’s 15k service that the front left when is stuffed. Outside of tire is bald. Rest of the wheel is ok. Others all ok. Ford noted it and did the service. No fault found. Just rotated wheels. Clearly something not right.

Lane assistance does a little vibrate but compared to the Everest I drive before (2016), lane assist doesn’t work. Got a curtosy car for the service. Mondeo Trend petrol. Lane assist is perfect. It’s a 2018 build though. Was lane assist improved?

Sync is a joke. I’ll leave it there.

Aircon fails me sometimes. But never when at the dealership. Just blows a fan. Even with temps sent down to 18.5. Car stays hot inside. Happens maybe once every two weeks. Told ford. No fault found.

And then the damn windows. I’m in Brisbane. When it’s hot but maybe humid, and the aircon is on, front window gets condensation on outside. Until I can’t see. Need windscreen wipers to clear. And need to wipe every minute. In hot dry conditions. Told ford. No fault. It’s because “it’s a premium car and the aircon is very good” I’m told. Crazy.
South Africa VW Golf 1.9TDi
Australia: VW Golf 1.9TDi, Holden Captiva, Ford Territory 2011 TS RWD Diesel (Sold June '15), Ford Territory 2015 TS RWD Diesel (Sold Dec '17), Ford Mondeo 17.5 Trend Wagon
Cralis is offline   Reply With Quote