View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:36 AM   #52
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
It looks like a 'home build' because it is a 'home build'...

...but that wasn't a disparaging or condescending remark was it?
It was an observation, but I guess these days saying that a black person is black is no loner an observation but is seen as racist, so I guess stating that a home build drone looks like a home build drone could by the same token be seen as disparaging or condescending.

Quote:
The issue is of course that if your DJI or Mavic breaks then you take it to a DJI or Mavic service centre and they give you copious butt-hurt in the wallet...mainly because they can. DJI and Mavic are the airborne equivalent of Apple.
Much like what most people do with their cars and most of their other stuff I guess.

Quote:
Something breaks on mine I pay $30 for a new part and away I go...
Much like what I have done with my cars for the last 30 plus years.

Quote:
They make excellent camera platforms for people who like to wish they can fly like a bird:

...and yeah some of the flying is pretty insane (and grossly illegal). Cool though and epic control.
Pretty good video to watch and awesome flying skill, but at the same time probably one of the reasons drone flying has been getting bad press lately in the general media.

And I guess the same people doing this stuff will then complain when drone flying gets heavily regulated and may be even banned in most places.

Still a good video to watch and I would hope it was filmed under controlled conditions.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote