View Single Post
Old 29-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #83
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: 2001 AUII XR8 exhaust discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustomz View Post
Sorry to drag this thread back up but it was the best I found and there are many out there....

Weighing up my options and basically down to either the off the shelf Manta twin 2.5 system or a custom 2.25 system with balance pipe for my au2 220 xr8. The engine is stock besides pacemakers and filter.

There are some good sound clips in the thread of the twin 2.5 system but none of a 2.25 system which is understandable as they need to be custom made.

Was wondering if anyone has or knows of a clip of a custom 2.25 system.

Also any recommendations of what mufflers etc to put into a 2.25 system would be helpful. And anything else I should look into as it seems all shops just want to bolt on a 3 inch or twin 2.5 system. Would like it to sound tough but not drone to much and be good down low.

Seems like the 2.5 system would be the easier option and most likely cheaper but would like to make the right choice.

Leaning towards twin 2.25 so far..

Thanks in advance.

If you're chasing performance then a dual 2.25" or 3" single are the only choices.
If you're chasing sound, then it doesn't matter and muffler choice will be the main determining factor.

Roostercam, a member here just had a dual 2.25" system fitted by one of my mates, it's about as good as it gets.
Send him a PM, maybe he can post up a sound file and pics.
2 users like this post: