View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #273
morts
Starter Motor

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

Hi all hoping for a bit of advice on what could be an issue I have with my MC 2L Ecoboost Petrol Mondeo.

Last month on a couple of long trips I did about 400kms once or twice on each trip the car would feel like the engine lost power & the car would start to slow down & then it would clear & be fine.

As my next service was only about 2K from being due & I was having no issues around town I thought I'd leave it until then. Over the last week I noticed a couple of times when I started it the engine seemed to surge a little at idle but not every time I started it.

Today when I went to start it it stalled a few times which it has never even done once previously & when it did start it was quite rough & was unresponsive for a second or so to any accelerator pedal pressure. Once I got it to idle I left for a couple of minutes & then it was fine in the way it revved with a bit of accelerator. Took it for a bit of a drive & under light acceleration it's fine but if you used a heavier right foot then it would feel quite sluggish in the way it responds.

After my drive I left it for about 20mins & restarted, it did start on the first try but took a second or instead of being instantaneous.

Can't get into the local Ford place for over a week, any ideas on what could be the issue or anything a gumby like me could try to see if that cures it.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered
morts is offline   Reply With Quote