Thread: Kedron AFD
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #44
Terry M

I feel that I mst explain a few things to the critics out there regarding MY car (FBT77). When I purchased it I don't think there was a panel on it including roof and bonnet that didn't have a dent or scratch on them. The tow bar was also on it. It did not pass roadworthy until two second had tyres were put on it. The drivers seat had to be removed and repaired as the cover kept sliding over from getting in and out of the car The amplifyer and magazine were missing from the stereo system. All of this I was aware of before buying the car. I have spent $8,000 to have dents, stone chips and scratches repaired. Nick (previous owner sent me the amplifyer which was restored to the vehicle and after a lot of chasing around I have the correct magazine for the stereo. Now the C.B. aerail is there to allow comms on club runs. There are no holes drilled for the wiring and the aerial is supposed to be reomed when not in use. The stripes are stick ons which can be removed with the greatest of ease. I still have the Tickford wheels which I told nick about on these forums not so long ago. The engine cover wasn't supposed to be the colour that it is. is was supposed to be the same as the plenum chamber which has been coated with heat resistant ceramic. The brakes are not painted red to deceive any person/s of their origin. I painted thm as after the K's that the car has done the original colour had gone and bel;ieve it or not I just happen to like red. Iam submitting this explanation not to have a go at Nick, nor to have a go at the person who doesn't like my car, but to just set the records straight and hope the poor unhappy chaps that I have upset can get along fixing up the rest of the worlds problems. By the way the car is for sale to any to any genuine buyer. All you have to do is ask Nick how much he sold it for and add on the body/paint work that I have had done and I will remove the stripes, aerial , wheels and engine cover from it
Kindest regards Terry
Terry M is offline   Reply With Quote