View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: [How To] TDCI Timing Belt Replacement - 2.0L QXBA DW10 140PS

Last update, today I took the family out for a day 380km round trip, folks in their MD ecoboost behind. They saw on my first overtake a normal light grey puff (instead of a black smoke bomb of the ole days) of soot and that was it for the rest of the day nothing else. I've always been anal about potential soot and injector issues but this last maintenance job has alleviated most of that angst and the next checkup will be injector tests.

In the lead up to the belt change it was short trips as usual no different to this last week post belt change. Soot levels have dropped noticeably and everywhere across the board. I were constantly worried and were always monitoring it, especially at night with the lights from vehicles behind to show it up, and it were shown up alright, most of the time I were embarrassed by it (though not as bad as Cruisers/Navaras/Patrols. I were able to coal roll tailgaters easily enough just from mashing the go pedal, not so much now unless it's been collected from the missus sedate driving. All gone well at least to such levels not being picked up by me. Happy chappy to say the least.

If I weren't overtaking as many as I had and not driving it as hard as I were (not forgetting the several bloody roadworks areas), I'd have liked to have seen what figures I could achieve.

Indicated results:
5.8L/100km
avg speed 82kph
DTE 701km
Trip 380.4km

Last personal best on the old belt was 6.1L/100km.

(folks got 7L/100km in theirs)