View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #86
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
There's been a lot of talk about making women feel safe here but I haven't yet heard any women say they don't feel safe. Personally, I've never had a problem here and most of the guys I've spoken to seem to be very decent and respectful blokes. As for the few idiots, there's always going to be some of them everywhere you go and most girls are pretty good at holding their own and taking care of themselves. I also feel secure in the knowledge that everyone here has administrators etc. to help sort out any issues you can't solve yourself. I don't think we need to advertise how safe this forum is for women in order to attract more of them. I don't know of any women who would wonder if they'd be safe before checking out a forum they were interested in.

I think the lack of females is just due to the fact that more guys are interested in cars than girls in our current culture. Finding a partner who has common interests is a great way to start a relationship so I'm not surprised lots of people meet partners here. For those who don't find a girl around here who shares your passion for cars, there's always your star trek conventions ;)

spot on DQ, there is no reason to feel "un-safe" on an internet forum, especially this 1.

the lack of females is due to exactly what you said (have we got a thumbs up smiley yet ?)