Thread: Roadtrips
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Roadtrips

speaking of roadtrips, I've done Adelaide - Brisbane pretty much every year since I was born, as passenger when younger, and then driver when left home. A result of having parents from 2 states. Dad from Bris, Mum from Adel.

Went via broken hill one year due to flooding, but otherwise travelled the same route every time. From Adelaide, I live south so out the freeway, through the mallee to Balranald, Hay, West Wyalong, Forbes, Parkes, Dubbo, Gil, Coona, Narrabri, Moree, Goondi, Warwick and in to Bris. There was a bit of work going on with Cunninghams Gap for a few years so we went in via Toowoomba. I've never been one for sight seeing, so all our trips are about getting somewhere. I do stop for meals though as i'm a bit anal about eating in the car and it gives everyone a good chance to have a break and stretch the legs. Mostly we take a day and half to 2 days each way although the last 4-5 years we've left in the arvo and driven straight through on the way up.

I love the roadtrip. The family, not so much. That's where portable dvd players are worth their weight in gold, although the last few times we've entertained ourselves a fair bit of the journey. Kids only watched a couple of dvd's the whole trip.

We go again at xmas, and possibly the last time as a full family as my eldest will be 18 and starting uni next year.