View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #277
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 
Default Re: Even hotter Kia Stinger in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
Agree that Motor Trend is the best apples to apples comparison we may get,
but comparing the 4cyl turbo to the SS - do they put pizza cutters on the 4cyl in the USA like they do here in Oz ?

Lets see what the GT does in a figure 8 with decent tyres before we judge.
I suspect it's going to be a good buy early.

Having said that I'll stick to my falcon for highway nanny state road rule duties. No point burning through $1K of GT spec tyres on substandard highway road boredom.
The car tested was the twin turbo V6 GT. I think they mentioned Kia were still tweaking the suspension for the US models, thus their suggestion that there might be another second in it.

Lap times aside, I think about as many people will track their Stingers as Commodore drivers track their Redlines- not many. So besides measuring outright ability, not a whole lot of relevance in the real world. Great for debating on forums though. I really want to get behind the wheel of one of these things, although probably not worth trying until there's some decent stock in the country.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote