View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 12:57 AM   #273
Hawkeye84

Default Re: Even hotter Kia Stinger in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Sorry I missed this. But inside information from the Qld police force? I really don't want to be rude so I'll leave that one alone.

If we do want to talk real lap times by actual racing drivers, Motor Trend as we know are generally regarded as the best - and most consistent - out there. They test at a real race track with the same racing driver and a full suite of telemetry.

2017 Stinger lapped 28.9 seconds. Randy Pobst thinks there's another second in it, so perhaps a high 27.

2017 SS lapped 24.7 seconds. They're on different planets. SS also recorded a quicker quarter mile and 0-60mph, plus a quicker figure 8 with significantly higher lateral g. As I suggest, over time, more tests, we'll get a fuller picture.
Inside information on Police Force inside information from Kia...dont particularly care, if you've got something to say, Im sure ill be able to respond without offending you either.

Yes, much more tests will need to be done with both cars at the same time.

Its pretty useless rambling numbers on tests done on different days/ different conditions - no matter how respected they are - its not a true indication of a comparison. If they were both done on the same day - then fair enough.

But from what ive seen so far on same day same condition comparisons. Stingers been the better car.

Last edited by Hawkeye84; 20-10-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote