View Single Post
Old 22-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
Ghiagirl
Budding Revhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterban
I have a supposedly new compressor and condenser I bought from e-bay awhile ago when I was having problems which turned out to be the orifice tube.
I think I paid $230 for compressor (with clutch ) and $120 for condenser.
You would still need the dryer, orifice tube and somehow clean out the connecting pipes as they told me when the compressor dies it usually puts small pieces of metal through the system.
If you were handy enough to change your belt to a shorter one then refitting the aircon stuff shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Thanks for the offer, only prob is I think you need a licensed guy to remove the hoses from the compressor so that the gases are captured and not released into the air (something along those lines) then there is also the regassing issue, I have no idea how to do that myself (none to confident with that one!)

But you're right about changing everything and cleaning it out, due to the metal shards that have more than likely gone through the system would just cause it to seize again within a short amount of time.

I think unfortunately I will just have to fork over the bucks to get it done for me! :yeees:

His: Winter White 99 AU Fairmont,6 cyl, 17" Tickford Rims, nice and stock
This mum's in mod mode

www.aufalcon.com/ghiagirl
Ghiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote