View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
ok on the topic of tint seeing as others have gone there I know off topic sorry the XR5 has factory tint iirc, are you guys going darker tint than XR5 standard?

now ontopic the aircon in wifes new XR5 seems pretty good, the falcon would beat it easily but it does the job here in victoria, I do think on hot days as mentioned it works pretty hard to cool it down, recirc with fanspeed 3 seems to be the go on her focus - only cause fanspeed 4 makes the vents make noise for some silly reason and that is annoying, on the plus side the gear shift knob doesn't get as hot as a branding iron like the falcon one does man it gets hot!
I found, although primarily in my LR focus, that if the ac dial is on the face setting (technical huh?) and the fan on four, it used to actually blow the vents half shut (in that the little dial you use to close them) and they'd make a fair bit of racket.

I have also noticed that in the LV, with the ac set to face and feet (again with the techno babble) not a lot comes out of the face vents (seriously, there's gotta be a proper name for em...) so i have to wind the dial back towards the face setting.

Aaaaand on the topic of window tint, I had mine done about a week or two after I bought the car. Got it done by Tint-a-car. I went for midnight express (they had a special on, and I took two cars for them to do at the same time and got a bit more off :king: )

It looks the ducks nuts! and it really does keep the heat out. Quite often on my drive to work, the sun will belt in the side window, burning the bejebus out of my right temple, but when I wind the window up it's fine.

Strongly recommended

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote