View Single Post
Old 31-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
stephengclar
Starter Motor

Exclamation Baffling issue, 2013 Ford Mondeo LX TDCi Diesel Wagon PowerShift

Hi, I have a baffling issue that no Mechanic has been able to sort out with my daughter's 03/ 2013 Ford Mondeo LX TDCi Diesel Wagon PowerShift (MC)
The issue is: When the car is put into reverse, the car commence reversing, the sensors start beeping then the car stops and engine malfunction warning comes up on the dash. The car will start going forward but it will never reverse without the same issue repeating itself.
To date several tests and checks have occurred to determine the cause of reverse stalling, but the problem keeps re- occurring.
1) Checked the wiring from the cam & crank sensors and also fuel pressure sender for wear and tear
2) The ECU has been removed and all the connections have been inspected for damage
3) The fuel system and tank have been removed and cleaned.
4) The hoses and connections checked for leaks or damage.
5) The fuel filter has been replaced, and the fuel lines have been flushed and the tank has been refilled
6) A new suction control valve and fuel pressure sensor have been installed.
7) A system reset and relearn has been done.

The car was tested extensively by the mechanic, drove over speed bumps and reversed for a while then within 2 weeks the issue has returned.
The mechanic is at his wits end and is finding it very difficult to source what the issue is.
I have sourced the Ford forum for similar issues but none have been recorded.

If their is anyone on the forum that has experienced the same issue and could provide some assistance to fix the issue it would be appreciated.
The car has been fully serviced since purchased and has traveled 136700 Km.

Regards

Steve, Brisbane Australia
stephengclar is offline   Reply With Quote