View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #1154
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
the merge thing
if its a dotted line on teh merge lane the merging car gives way if there is no dotted line and the two lanes just form into one with no lines then the person in the main lane gives way and lets the person on the left merge
With a zip merge it is the car in front that has right of way, but what annoys me is where do you consider one car to be deemed in front because some just keep driving forward relative to the next lane despite an imminent merge. When they pass the sign telling them to merge it is time to look at safely merging by matching speed to other cars, not passing another 3 or 4 cars.

Also people looking to change lanes (from one marked lane to another), I was halfway alongside a car when he put the indicator on and started moving over. I laid on the horn, he still tried to drive me into the kerb. When moving from one marked lane to another you indicate and give way. The idiot was trying to change lanes 100 metres before a left turn after the lights in heavy traffic. His lack of planning isn't my fault, nor does his desire to change lanes exempt him from road rules. For people that do this - there's always another option, might be slower/longer, but is better than forcing other drivers into evasive action or crashing into them.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote