View Single Post
Old 19-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #86
Simmo_M

Default Re: Aftermarket parts for the Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post
A quick update and question..

I bought ConST's Bluefin from him about 6 weeks ago. Took me a while to get the drivers installed properly on my PC but once I managed to do it, installing the tune on my car was a breeze.

The power was very different after installation. First gear was particularly brutal. Plenty of wheelspin in 1st, totally overpowering the traction control. 2nd also gave a big shove in the back and I didn't really get a chance to go hard in 3rd onwards as it would push me well over the legal limit. My issue was though, there seemed to be some kind of hesitation in power at around the 2500rpm mark. It was most noticeable in 2nd gear when pushing at around 75% throttle. It was not as noticeable at WOT or in regular driving but it bothered me a bit so I emailed Bluefin and they sent me a new tune a few days later.

The new tune definitely improved the hesitation in power but it was still there. There didn't seem to be as much of an increase in power as the original tune, though this may have been down to the power delivery being a lot smoother. Traction control would keep things in check, even in 1st gear. I asked Bluefin and they said there was no change in power but they probably were just going along with what I said...

About 2 weeks ago I switched to 98RON from 95 and started noticing an improvement in the 'hesitation'. I kinda liked the 'shove' of the original tune so asked Bluefin to resend it to me to try it out with the 98. I have only really driven it in the wet since I reinstalled it on Saturday but the hesitation is definitely less than it was before and I'm finding it more enjoyable to drive with the instant power/torque available. At fullboot the wheels will spin up in 2nd even with traction on. So I think I will stick with this tune for the time being.

My question is..what should I do next? I guess my main priority would be installing something that would decrease the likelihood of my car going 'pop' after upping the power by tuning without any other modding. I also wouldn't mind it sounding a bit nicer with an exhaust and/or CAI but my main priority for the moment would be reliable power increases.
Have you tightened all your boost clamps? Noticeable power for free! By noticeable I mean it's slightly more aggressive/ responsive in WOT