View Single Post
Old 25-09-2006, 11:55 AM   #68
GotheProbe
Warrp Warrrp

Hate hearing about bad news & yeah it's way wrong being backed into & the person just shoots through. Probably someone with a big ar$e tow-ball that couldn't give a hoot. I'm a tad concerned about my Probe at the minute. It's just started to smell that bit oily when you park & get out of the car. I've had it once before & the mechanic replaced the bottom end gasket. It wasn't enough of a leak to actually drip on the ground but enough to (I guess) get on parts which when warmed up would give off some fumes. Hoping it's not the same thing as that was $1,000 :( I do very few k's as well so would hurt having another big bill in relative small distance. Maybe just a hose has gone/cracked (wishful thinking). On top of needing another car, a motorbike and a boat engine ALL serviced my toys are financially killing me. Worth it to keep the Probe though
I've seen on E-bay you can get (for $600) a turbo setup kit that appears to include (what I assume are) upgraded headers and gaskets to cope with increased pressures. Wonder if it would be worth going down that path - even though I wouldn't install a turbo - just to get better gaskets and shiny headers??? Thoughts??
Cheers to all.
GotheProbe is offline   Reply With Quote