View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
big fella
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I don't think anyone in here will laugh at that, (and if they did they would have to answer to me, because i don't appreciate it one little bit!!)
Its great to see more people wanting to get out there and give it a go. I will be racing on a budget myself, so i know how hard it can be.
So have you ever raced before?? If not there are heaps of people on here that will give you advice and tips on racing as well as building/fixing the car....

Some guys have previously posted about various suspension setups, might be worth looking at...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=49825

All in all good luck with it... hope to see you at the track!!!
I've had a couple of goes, 15 sec cars though. As slow as that is, the adrenalin still pumped and I had a ball. I've been to Calder and Heathcote more times than I care to remember, the last being the AFF day at Heathcote, where I met Brenx and Pilch, first forum members I've met. I also saw your XB parked next to the fence, looks cool.

I've been a mechanic for 13 years, even screwed a couple of engines together for mates who race a bit. I've had to stop turning the spanners for a living because of a crook back.

Having said that, it's the stuff you learn from racing experience that I have no clue about, particularly setting up the suspension and making what you've got work as hard for you as it possibly can. Thanks for the thread link, I'll read that now and perhaps search for others.
big fella is offline   Reply With Quote