View Single Post
Old 21-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Default Bluepower and the AU I6

My AU is not the car that was bandied around in a few other threads (neither started by the owner, or Chris) but I can say Chris did get good gains from that car - because he also got good gains from mine.

I was the second of the two Bluepower-edited AUs last night. I had my edit early last week, and I was very happy with the results. It dynoed at 134.0rwkw as it was. That is actually the second lowest dyno reading I've ever had for the car - the lowest being the stock reading @ Herrods before I got the exhaust.

After the long tuning session, in which Chris fiddled with a few things, the final result was 154.5rwkw, a 20.5 rwkw gain. The cam is still a stock XR6 HP jobbie. It was a shame the drive home was 99% freeway, but change was very noticable.

There's a few more minor things that can be done, but for now, I'm extremely pleased with the results.

At the drag meet last night, I achieved my aim, a 14-something sec pass. I didn't get to borrow a set of Nittos for the rear, so the time 14.889 @ 93.40 mph was done on my street tires (Toyo Transpaths, great road tyres, but not so good on the strip...)

The potential is there for a lower time, I managed a few 94 mph runs, and a 95.0 - the main problem is the tool behind the wheel. :hihi:

If any AU owners, 6 or 8, are sitting on the fence in regards to the Flash Tuner, I'd thoroughly recommend you go for it.

Thanks heaps Chris, I'll be back! :sm_headba

Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote