View Single Post
Old 27-02-2024, 05:16 PM   #57
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: So; do we all feel dirty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
EV will cover 300 kms easily and you just plug in when you get home. Everyday you start with 300+kms available.
Im not taking a dig at ev's. Its just as a work car in a service role where you carry say 400kgs in the back and do not know how many kays you do in any given day and add towing lifts etc if needed, that could become a time hassle. Also, if its a company vehicle, charging at home will need to be metered and payed by the employer, and also an employer will not be happy paying an employee during the day for the time taken said the work ev need 40 minutes to charge due to kays. Also, i was 24/7 as in took the afterhours callouts. So do my 8-12 hours a day, but if a call came to me at say 2am, id chuck me pants on and jump in the car. Also my house was single phase and the mains were only 63A, so a 4.8kw hws, 3.6kw ac so realistically 10A slow charging would be the only option and i dunno, but im pretty sure that takes many hours to satisfy an ev. Thats why i think hybrid in that role would work a lot better.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: