View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 04:58 PM   #129
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Australian Family Cars: We have gone so far backwards since 2016...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Keep in mind, the FG X (all models) was actually cheaper than the B-series. A FG X should have been much dearer than what it actually was but very few people were buying them by this stage. The FG X was not at all profitable.

I am not bagging Falcons, in fact, I still own four of them, two sedans, one wagon and one ute and I love them. If they were still available to buy I would own a brand new one.
I missed this.

In agreeance here ... doubt I would have looked at other models when it was time to move on the FG.

I would have been looking at a new Falcon again really.

I got a good 10+ years out of the FG .... day in day out as a daily for work in Sydney traffic. I did it with ease, and was fun as well. Minimal/cost effective maintenance on it. Had some go to it as well. Did everything I asked of it and more really. And could still sip at low 6L/100km on E10 too .... so cost effective on trips too for what it was.

Both the FG along with my SX and SZII I will use as benchmarks now to see how other cars stack up as time goes on with longer ownership. I can say thankfully I have been blessed with some great Aussie Ford products over the years.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: