View Single Post
Old 17-12-2023, 11:38 AM   #36
prydey
Rob

Default Re: ANCAP is a waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post

Its not the car that is safe, its the driver, people still die in "safe cars".
Not quite true. Cars are safer. What would have once been a fatality in many cases is now a serious injury or less.

If people die in safe cars then they most certainly would have died in an older car.

Years of human existence has proven we are not capable of major behavioural change. Therefore safety technology in cars is absolutely necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Ancap ratings are a unreal world rating, car tested for a perfect side impact at 60kph, well what if I accidently pull out in a 110 zone, what if the other driver was doing 130, what if the other driver is in a truck, side rollover test at 60, what if I hit a culvert and end for end my car at 90, Ancap can not simulate real world accidents so it is pretty much just worthless results, the chance that you have a accident and it goes down exactly as it has been tested?, you are playing Lotto.
You haven't read the fine print on ANCAP or any testing organisation obviously. The ratings only apply to the same class of vehicle. If you have a crash with a larger vehicle the laws of physics still apply. You can't change physics.