View Single Post
Old 13-12-2022, 04:33 PM   #120
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 7.3 V8 crate motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The new manifold they have developed that has the throttle body parallel, and not pointing up like the production version, has removed one problem of getting it to fit in lower profile cars.

It's really hard to get an accurate measurement of height though, cause I was trying to compare it to a 5.0 Windsor. It's listed as 635mm high, but I don't know if that includes intake and oil pan. Where I can get a top to bottom measurement of about 680mm high for a 5.0 W.

Something must be off here as it can't be shorter than a Windsor. That measurement must be missing either the intake or oil pan. But it's only 5 cm wider than a 351 W, and 3cm longer. So it's comparable to a 351.

I really want to see one of these in an E series. If it fits easily in a Fox body Mustang, then it will fit in an E series. Might just need a bonnet bulge.
Yep something must be off , from what I can find out it's 107.2 bore and 101mm stroke ,deck heights supposed to be 9.65 compared to the 9.48 to 9.5 of the 351 so being longer bore you would think ite block would be taller? .....the 3cm longer you would think would be the extra bore size ? .....spose if the 351 is supposed to be 1.28 inches taller than a 302 you would think this would have to be 1.5 inches taller?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote