Thread: Deep sleep mode
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 07:14 PM   #5
Paul22

Default Re: Deep sleep mode

I have the same car also with the safety pack.

It, too, does the same thing and so I took it to the dealer who kept it for 2 days and returned it saying couldn't fault it and they had ' run out of warranty money and won't be doing anything more as everything was working as intended'.

Clearly it's not.
I believe my battery voltage is 14.5v whilst using which, I believe, renders the auto stop/start inoperative.

I have a trickle charger and after disconnecting it and starting the car voltage is 14.8v. However, within 30 minutes or so voltage drops to 14.5 and stop/start doesn't work.

Within a day or so after trickle charging I again get the message that the car is in deep sleep mode.
This means the car can't be started remotely. the passenger's door handle won't unlock/lock the car and now lane guidance has disappeared from the instrument cluster and is inoperative.
Also the radio shuts down immediately and can't be turned on manually if the engine isn't running.
And so, I've contacted FoMoCo and was advised to take it to another dealer and given a reference number which I have to quote back to Ford (not the dealer) on the day it's in the workshop.
12 months ago I had the above issues and they replaced the battery and the problem went away.
I'm not advocating a battery change as I believe it's a BMS issue which can't be deactivated like you can in the Ranger.
Because this dealer is over the other side of town I need a loan car. I have to pay $50/day for the free loan car to waive the insurance excess.
It's booked in for Friday 18th.
Paul22 is offline   Reply With Quote