View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 06:08 PM   #78
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Gen Ranger Single Cab

@o;
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
There are a couple of reasons why I have settled on a single cab chassis as my perfect work/daily solution.

-The obvious one is the size of the tray over the super and double cabs.

-I don't, read CAN'T, tow trailers. I hate them. I would rather have a nice big tray. I then don't need to find somewhere to park the dam thing when not in use.

-The size of the Ranger means that it's still manageable to drive all day every day, and anywhere. Once you get into the larger van-based utes and the small trucks, they become a hassle to park.

-I have looked into vans, but I like the open tray, allowing me to load it up with branches if needed. Also, it keeps the machines and their fumes out of the cabin, as well as the fumes that cut grass gives off.

I know I'm going round in circles here. This thread was created to perhaps highlight how certain corners of the Ute/Pickup market get ignored or left with second best.

Having bought two single cab Ranger's now, both under $30,000, the prospect of a replacement being at least $45,000 and up to $55,000 is pretty shocking to be honest.

I think the next step here would be to go and get a quote for the two specs I'm considering; XL SCC with the 2.0 single turbo/6 speed auto 4x2 or XL SCC with the 2.0 TT/10speed auto 4x4. Both with a custom steel tray.

Or............just run the PX MK II into the ground?
How does the length etc of a 2 tonne Isuzu truck with a 2.5 or so tray compare with a new Thai special.Even tray height would be similiar if not even lower.they turn on the old 2 bob bit
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote