Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: VFACTS OCT 2022- Ford second overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrunner View Post
“Actually got a holiday on the Tesla forum for all my Pro Ford comments.”

As I asked. Link ?

“Perspective, more Tesla's delivered than Everest.”

O'Boy, you're doing it again comparing an apple against an orange. It's Ford sold 7823 and Tesla sold 1109 and YTD Ford sold 53298 and Tesla sold 15132 and trust me you don't want to see the overall YTD Ice versus EV figure. EV's will never exceed ICE in our lifetimes.

“I drove to Brissy and back over the weekend in my Tesla. 9 hours door to door including charging. One stop on the way there. Way home was 8:45 minutes door to door.....”

Absolutely no idea what this has to do with a sales figures discussion but I'll play and you lose as well.

Leaving tomorrow for a more than 7500klm return trip to a Melb regional town so also signing off as I need to pack. The ute can do 1500klms per tank with no stop required but also only take no more than 5 minutes to refill.

Before you get excited with costs comparisons I decided to take self funded early retirement and have been enjoying a work free life for the past 12 years and I also do not give a rats bum what fuel costs now or ever will and just fill the ute or my V8 4wd when required.

Chow
Can't link. It's a locked page. I'll see if I can dig up some screen shots but the threads get deleted on that forum. Bit soft there. And you can't say anything against the product or their Lord and saviour, Uncle Elon.

Ok, Mr Chow, let me explain my point since you keep getting caught up.

The comparison against Everest was calling out that besides the tax incentive Ranger, Ford's next best selling is selling less than the Model Y which were both released at the same time. One sold 5000 units, one has sold less than 1500. They are similarly priced cars as well with the Y about the price of the platinum. I know supply isn't helping the Everest but I don't see it hitting 4000 cars in any month nor do I see it hitting YTD of over 15,000 units. I'd be really happy if it did and I was wrong. How is Ford's sedans and SUV sales going again?

And great, you're going 7500 kms. What's your point? People say I can't do Sydney to Brissy in a day or Melbourne. Heck, my Everest could go off road and there is no EV in Australia that can. A guy just did a lap of Australia in his model Y. Just under 14,000 kms in 13 days or so.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by kypez; 08-11-2022 at 09:30 AM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: