View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 06:34 PM   #65
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: New Gen Ranger Single Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
When it comes to a work ute used for work only. Low riders make more sense if you were doing what i used to have to do and park in underground car parks and have height restrictions. So when i had an L300 van, that with roof racks was 1.9m, the low rider ranger i had was 1.8m with roof racks, the triton i had was again 1.9 m with roof racks. So some really old buildings had 1.8m height bars so pretty much a no go for all 3 of those cars or even a standard hi rider ute or 4x4 with no roof racks. The place i most frequently parked (for free too, its who you know not what you know) was 2.1m. I could get the van in with a ladder on the roof fine, same with the triton, the ranger i could just scrape in with ladders double stacked on the roof.
Thats another thing that is annoying me, Ford having since deleted the low rider single cab chassis for the new generation.

Loading a 55 kg self-propelled mower via ramps is hard enough on my current Ranger. Now that they are all high riders, that is something I'm going to have to consider carefully.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote