Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #185
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So going from a slipper clutch to a centre diff in the short course truck, the main thing i liked was the fact its lasted and with 4 wheels on the ground it handles really well. So thats what the truck is designed for, but not what its used for. So no more replacing clutches, but 4x4 stuff, the front and rear diffs are really loose open diffs. I plan to keep them that way for handling. Unlike my monster truck, it has a stiff centre diff from factory and i stiffened up the front and rear diffs for maximum 4x4 off road action.
The loose as centre diff in the short course truck, doing 4x4 stuff, 3 diffs, path of least resistance.... yeah on flat ground with reasonable traction, it was a form of traction controll. Lift the fronts, all power to the front wheels. Lift a single wheel, all power to that single wheel. So 4x4 stuff it was a 1x4. So i did what i did in the front and rear diffs in the monster truck. Pulled the centre diff and pumped it with silicone. Not the mad expensive putty you can buy for rc cars. Anything thicker then the runny silicone grease in it will do. So roofers silicone it was. Let that set for 24 hours.
So i havent tested it. My kid wanted to. He is a man of few words, so when asked if its better he just says its good. But upon observation, the centre diff no longer acts as mechanical traction control on the flats. Off roady stuff. The front and rear diffs still send power to the path of least resistance, but the centre sends power to both front and rear. So its better for what its not designed to do.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote